The Marshall County Arts and Culture Alliance sees a future in which arts and culture thrive and our communities flourish.
The Marshall County Arts & Culture Alliance connects our communities to arts and culture by supporting, promoting and enriching existing opportunities, and by seeking new possibilities.
Job Opening for Executive Director
The board of directors of the Marshall County Arts & Culture Alliance is seeking a community leader who is passionate about supporting the arts & culture of Marshalltown, Iowa. Celebrating its 10th year, the Alliance is a well-established 501(c)3 organization. Candidates who are self-driven, well organized, have outstanding people skills and exhibit business savvy are encouraged to apply. Click here to download a PDF decription of the job opening.
Job Description: Executive Director
Report to: Board of Directors
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree & experience in business, arts administration, non-profit management or related field.
This is a part time position which has a pay range of ($25,000 - $30,000)
Knowledge and Competency:
- Administrative experience in leading a business, non-profit agency or arts organization.
- Experience in fundraising and grant writing
- Excellent written and oral communication and people skills
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers
- Ability to lead the Marketing Program of the Alliance
- Ability to produce professional marketing materials, ability to manage all social media & cultivate community involvement through marketing communications.
- Ability to professionally represent the Alliance
- Represent the Alliance and serve as the liaison with civic, social, governmental, and nonprofit agencies to ensure the interests and goals of the Alliance are fulfilled
- Provide support to the Alliance Board of Directors though continuous communication, meeting preparation and follow up
- Identify and cultivate new art & culture opportunities
- Assist in the development, management and implementation of the annual budget, policies and procedures and the strategic plan
- Responsible for financial management of all Alliance accounts.
- Seek and secure grants for funding
- Coordinate fundraising efforts as directed by the Board of Directors
- Coordinate membership drives
- Assist arts & culture organizations to provide support as outlined in services rendered
- Maintain regular accessibility to those served thru email and/or phone
- Retain copies of the minutes of all Board of Directors’ meetings
- Lead the Marketing Committee
- Develop and implement short and long term marketing plan
- Develop and maintain all social media
- Develop and maintain promotional materials as contracted by branches
- Maintain membership records through the usage of E-tapestry
- Lead the membership drive with the assistance of the Board of Directors
- Perform all duties incident to the office of the Executive Director and other duties as assigned by the President or Board of Directors.
Applications due Friday, August 8, 2014. Position will remain open until filled.
Candidates may send their letter of interest and resume to:
Marshall County Arts & Culture Alliance
P.O. Box 386
Marshalltown, Iowa 50158
Email to: TheAlliance@marshallnet.com
2014 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
FRIEND OF THE ARTS AWARD WINNERS
|Chad Weir. . . . . . . . . . President
||2009 - Wells Fargo Ban
|Karn Gregoire. . . . . . . Vice President
||2010 - Arlene Selby
|Mary Cowdrey. . . . . . .Secretary
||2011 - John Devlin
|Julie Hitchins. . . . . . . . Treasurer
||2012 - Phyllis Lane, Julie Bousum, Kirk Niehouse
|Shelli Finch Val Ruff
||2013 - Sue Martin
|Jon Muller Erin Scott
||2014 - John Hermanson, D.D.S.
Friend of the Arts Award
Monthly Cultural Events Calendars
Bi-monthly Culture Club Meetings
Oktemberfest Parade Participants